T.G.I.F. “Thank Goodness It’s So Fabulous!”
THIS FABULOUS FRIDAY, I HAVE FOUND…
“It’s So Fabulous!” Design Truth of the Week: DECORATE WITH THINGS YOU LOVE, BUT TRY TO CHOOSE BIG TICKET ITEMS THAT ARE VERSATILE ENOUGH TO BE SHIFTED TO A NEW LOCATION WHEN YOU NEED TO “RECYCLE” THEM INTO A NEW DESIGN.
“It’s So Fabulous!” Recipe of the Week: Last week-end, I attended a most FABULOUS affair, and one of the dishes served at the gathering was truly one of the most delicious things my palate has ever tasted! So, of course, I have to share the recipe, which was so graciously provided by my hostess (Thanks, Terri!).
(Originally modified from a Southern Living recipe)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 5 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 1 (6-oz.) package baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette*
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
2. Combine watermelon and baby spinach in a large bowl; add vinaigrette, tossing gently to coat. Transfer watermelon mixture to a serving platter, and sprinkle evenly with pecans and cheese.
* PEPPER JELLY VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Whisk together first 6 ingredients. Gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until blended.
“It’s So Fabulous!” Family Moment of the Week: This week has been one filled with many emotions, most of them FABULOUS! There have been sooooooo many wonderful family moments that I could share, but I am so excited to feature one particularly momentous accomplishment that my youngest daughter, Grayanna, blessed us with this week. For any of you horse people out there, she was able to jump a 3-foot fence on a 13.1 hand pony! YAY! Here is a photo that speaks a thousand words…
“It’s So Fabulous!” Kimtastic Gift Item of the Week: I have decided to choose one item from the retail portion of Knotting Hill Interiors each week to showcase as my top gift idea. This week, I have selected a FABULOUS candle that ANY recipient is certain to enjoy! The brand is called Voluspa, and my favorite style in the Maison Blanc Collection is called the Ceramic candle. It is available for under $30 in eight delicious – and unique! – fragrances. As you may be able to see from the photo, the ceramic lid actually hinges to the base on one side and flips open from the other. It is such an elegant and beautiful container that it can easily be reused for various other fabulous purposes after the candle has been burned! And of course, ALL of these scents smell absolutely divine! Drop in and pick one up for yourself or a friend!
“It’s So Fabulous!” Quote of the Week: “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – MARK TWAIN
NOW, GO HAVE AN “It’s So Fabulous!” DAY!