T.G.I.F. “Thank Goodness It’s So Fabulous!”
THIS FABULOUS FRIDAY I HAVE FOUND…
“It’s So Fabulous!” DESIGN BOOK of the Week: Through their fabulous history, Town & Country magazine has featured the luxury interior designs of many extraordinary properties. Released in the fall, their exciting new book, At Home with Town & Country , is a compilation of “the best of the best”. Definitely worth purchasing for your book collection!
“It’s So Fabulous!” CELEBRITY HOME of the Week: I must admit that I was a bit surprised, when I first saw these Veranda photos of a Jennifer Lopez’s home! (Click the link to read the full article.) Being the larger-than-life, full-of-energy, super-celebrity that she is, I would have guessed her style to be much flashier than it is! Instead, her captivating California home is adorned with soothing blue-grays, enchanting silvers, and relaxing peach….
“It’s So Fabulous!” of the Week: According to Glamour , these are a few of the trends that are “hot” for 2011….
SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THESE “NEW” TRENDS? WILL YOU BE INCORPORATING ANY OF THEM INTO YOUR 2011 WARDROBE?FOR ME, THE JURY’S STILL OUT…. MAYBE A FRINGED BAG WILL FIND ITS WAY INTO MY CLOSET? MAYBE.
“It’s So Fabulous!” RECIPE of the Week: As many of you already know, I am a vegetarian. Nonetheless, this interesting Caramel Apple Pork Chops recipe really caught my eye when I saw it on All Recipes! I will try it out on my family, and let you know how they like it, and you tell me what your family thinks, too!
CARAMEL APPLE PORK CHOPS
- 4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tart apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 262 | Total Fat: 16.1g | Cholesterol: 48mg
“It’s So Fabulous!” QUOTE of the Week:
“Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.”
-DOROTHY DRAPER, Good Housekeeping
NOW, GO HAVE AN “It’s So Fabulous!” DAY!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE HELP WITH MAKING YOUR HOME EVEN MORE FABULOUS, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR AN IN-HOME OR ONLINE CONSULTATION AT KIMBERLY@KNOTTINGHILLINTERIORS.COM
- South Carolina interior design
- South Carolina luxury interior design
- Charleston interior design
- Charleston luxury interior design
- Luxury interior design Myrtle Beach
- Interior design Myrtle Beach
- Wilmington interior design
- Wilmington luxury interior design
- Florence, SC interior design
- Florence, SC luxury interior design
- Home remodeling Myrtle Beach
- Home renovation Myrtle Beach
- Luxury green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Family-centered interior design
- Condo furnishings
- Beach condos