T.G.I.F. “Thank Goodness It’s So Fabulous!”
THIS FABULOUS FRIDAY I HAVE FOUND…
“It’s So Fabulous!” BLOG SUBSCRIBERS UPCOMING GIVEAWAY PRIZE of the Week: We have a new prize on the horizon for next week! In honor of all of the holiday posts from this week, we will be giving away a luxurious Voluspa Golden Cypress candle (smells just like Christmas!) and an embroidered “Merry Christmas” tea towel to one lucky blog subscriber! All you have to do is sign up to receive my FREE blog by inputting your email address in the white box to the right underneath “Subscribe to My Blog!”. After that, you are automatically entered into every future giveaway! So easy! Don’t miss out!
“It’s So Fabulous!” KNOTTING HILL INTERIORS GIFT ITEM of the Week: “RING IN” the holidays with a fabulous gift from Knotting Hill Interiors! This week’s featured items are…. you guessed it… RINGS! Come take a look at the fabulous selection we have available at the shop! And remember, we ship! These photos show just a sampling of the rings we have to choose from…
“It’s So Fabulous!” INTERIOR DESIGN BOOK of the Week: Since we all have the holidays on our brains right now, it only seemed appropriate to choose a classic, Christmas ” idea book” like Christmas with Southern Living 2010. It is hard not to appreciate a book overflowing with fabulous color photos of festive decorations and scrumptious recipes for entertaining!
“It’s So Fabulous!” RECIPE of the Week: Candy-Stripe Cookie Sticks have such a different appearance from most other cookies, so they really stand-out when given as gifts to neighbors. For a simple, yet impressive, presentation, package these cookies in clear containers embellished with hand-made bows and gift tags. The cookies themselves are so festive that they steal the show!
Here is a recipe for them from Martha Stewart….
- 8 large egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Red gel-paste food coloring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put egg whites and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat on medium speed until foamy. Reduce speed to low. Add flour and salt; mix until just combined. Add butter, cream, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Transfer 1 cup batter to a small bowl (set remaining batter aside). Stir in red coloring until desired color is reached. Transfer tinted batter to a pastry bag fitted with a small plain round tip (such as Ateco #2). Secure end of pastry bag with rubber band. Set aside.
- Put a 3-by-6-inch rectangle (cut out a stencil to use as a guide) on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat baking mat. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of plain batter into the rectangle, and spread with a small offset spatula. Repeat. Pipe diagonal tinted stripes onto each rectangle. Bake cookies until pale golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Immediately loosen edges with a spatula, and flip cookie over. Starting from one long side, roll cookie into a stick. Place, seam side down, on a clean work surface; let cool until set. Quickly repeat with second cookie.
- Repeat process, tinting and baking 2 or 3 cookies at a time. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.
“It’s So Fabulous!” DESIGNER QUOTE of the Week:
“Decorating is the art of arranging beautiful things comfortably.”
– Billy Baldwin
NOW, GO HAVE AN “It’s So Fabulous!” DAY!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE HELP WITH MAKING YOUR HOME EVEN MORE FABULOUS, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR AN IN-HOME OR ONLINE CONSULTATION AT KIMBERLY@KNOTTINGHILLINTERIORS.COM
- South Carolina interior design
- South Carolina luxury interior design
- Charleston interior design
- Charleston luxury interior design
- Luxury interior design Myrtle Beach
- Interior design Myrtle Beach
- Wilmington interior design
- Wilmington luxury interior design
- Florence, SC interior design
- Florence, SC luxury interior design
- Home remodeling Myrtle Beach
- Home renovation Myrtle Beach
- Luxury green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Family-centered interior design
- Condo furnishings
- Beach condos