T.G.I.F. ‘Thank Goodness It’s So Fabulous!’
THIS FABULOUS FRIDAY I HAVE FOUND….
“It’s So Fabulous!” FAMILY VACATION ACTIVITY of the Week: I stumbled upon the most interesting family activity this week that I just HAD to share. Although there is not a specific location near my hometown of Myrtle Beach, SC, I think one of these events may be worth travelling to for a special occasion.
Watson Adventure has created a variety of scavenger hunts suitable for a multitude of ages and destinations. On each of their creatively designed hunts, the participants are presented with decipherable clues to solve the answers to riddles and humorous questions. Rather than searching for “things”, the two-hour adventure teases your intellect with intriguing facts about the places and objects you discover along your journey. The team that answers the most questions correctly WINS!
There is a long list of destination options, and the company will even customize a scavenger hunt for you wherever you live, and for whatever occasion. One of my favorite locations they offer is at The National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C. Read an excerpt from the website description below….
Hunt for dinosaurs, stuffed tigers and giraffes, a camping vampire, a flossing bison, live insects, the Hope Diamond and other jewels, mummies, and a charred-bone from a real murder mystery, all in the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. On a whirlwind tour, you’ll travel to China, Africa, South America, the Ice Age, a mine, ancient oceans, and beyond. You’ll search for answers to such questions as…
• Find something that will help you fly first class to Heaven. What, apparently, was a bird’s favorite liquor? Beside a jet-shaped coffin is a photo of a bird coffin, with people pouring schnapps on it.
• What hopeful woman apparently thought, when storing her jewels, “Sofa, so good!”? Evalyn Walsh McLean, who hid the Hope Diamond in her sofa.
Please note that we left out clues and directions in the questions above. The questions are designed so that you can find the answer only when you are in the right spot and looking at the right thing. (Sorry, Googlers!) You don’t need any previous knowledge to triumph—you just need good teamwork and comfortable shoes!
How fun would one of these scavenger hunts be for a birthday party!?
“It’s So Fabulous!” ONLINE MAGAZINE of the Week: On May 19th, a new bi-monthly online magazine, Entra, was launched. The publication looks a great deal like Architectural Digest under its former leadership, and for a good reason! The founders of the magazine consist of former staffers from AD! Jeffrey Nemeroff, in an interview with Editor-At-Large, states, “Our approach offers architects and designers the assurance that their projects will be presented as they were created. We want the vision of the architects and the designers—and the photographers’ talent—to really come through in our pages.”
Take a look at a few photos below and click on the link to go to the May/June 2011 issue of the new mag… What is YOUR first impression of it?
“It’s So Fabulous!” DESIGNER QUOTE of the Week: “When you want to transform a room into a entirely different animal, change the color.” – BILLY BALDWIN
- South Carolina luxury interior design
- Charleston interior design
- Charleston luxury interior design
- Luxury interior design Myrtle Beach
- Interior design Myrtle Beach
- Wilmington interior design
- Wilmington luxury interior design
- Florence, SC interior design
- Florence, SC luxury interior design
- Home remodeling Myrtle Beach
- Home renovation Myrtle Beach
- Luxury green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Family-centered interior design
- Condo furnishings
- Beach condos