Just Stick It!
There seems to be a new design trend in the realm of wall embellishments…. TAPE! That’s right, people are turning to tape as a new way to add flair to their walls. Rather than painting over taped walls to create a pattern, the tape itself is now being used as the design! I’m not completely sold on the idea, but I do think it is an interesting – and economical! – option as a temporary fix for a room in need of some speedy pizazz!
These walls are pictured on Apartment Therapy. Rather than wallpapering this design, tape was applied to the walls!
I found this tape design (below) on the website for Caitlin Creer Interiors. She used florist’s tape to create her look.
These photos (below) are from Design Crisis. They actually ended up removing this tape after painting their design, but the tape itself DID create an interesting visual appeal.
Which do you think is better? With or without the tape?
Designa-peele shows that even a nursery (below) can be spruced up with some creative taping!
Elle Decor even pictured a room with a tape design….
So, what’s the best kind of tape to use to create your own wall masterpiece? According to the book, Walls that Wow: Creative Wall Treatments without Painting, by Jonathan Fong, the best type is Permacel tape.
So, why not?! Give this creative project a try in your home! After all, if it doesn’t turn out as expected, the beauty of the idea is that you can simply rip down the tape and start over!
NOW, GO HAVE AN “It’s So Fabulous!” DAY!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE HELP WITH MAKING YOUR HOME EVEN MORE FABULOUS, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR AN IN-HOME OR ONLINE CONSULTATION AT KIMBERLY@KNOTTINGHILLINTERIORS.COM
- South Carolina interior design
- South Carolina luxury interior design
- Charleston interior design
- Charleston luxury interior design
- Luxury interior design Myrtle Beach
- Interior design Myrtle Beach
- Wilmington interior design
- Wilmington luxury interior design
- Florence, SC interior design
- Florence, SC luxury interior design
- Home remodeling Myrtle Beach
- Home renovation Myrtle Beach
- Luxury green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Family-centered interior design
- Condo furnishings
- Beach condos