Hotels for History Buffs (Part 2): Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, Turkey
Ok, I admit that spending time in a Turkish prison is certainly NOT on my “bucket list” of things to do. However, for the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul in Sultanahmet, Turkey, I may make an exception! Take a look at this video of some of its highlights….
Originally built as an early 20th century prison in the heart of Istanbul, this property was eventually closed and fell into disrepair. In the 1990’s the prison was converted into the elegant hotel that it is today. Its neo-classical architecture and central location make this property a magical destination for those wishing to explore the delights of fabled Istanbul. Some of the nearby historically-rich sights include Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, and the mesmerizing Basilica Cistern.
From the exterior, the hotel is certainly attractive and appealing…..
…. But take a look at the spacious and impressive Four Seasons standard of luxurious accommodations….
…. And the lounging and “common areas” of the hotel property that are anything BUT “commom”…..
- South Carolina luxury interior design
- Charleston interior design
- Charleston luxury interior design
- Luxury interior design Myrtle Beach
- Interior design Myrtle Beach
- Wilmington interior design
- Wilmington luxury interior design
- Florence, SC interior design
- Florence, SC luxury interior design
- Home remodeling Myrtle Beach
- Home renovation Myrtle Beach
- Luxury green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Family-centered interior design
- Condo furnishings
- Beach condos