Customize Your New Home By Defining…. Ceilings & Floors!
Have you ever walked into a new construction home and said to yourself, “It’s beautiful, but it has no character?”. If so, you are not alone. However, by focusing on a few key areas of the home, it is possible to add customized accents that provide a rich sense of character and history. Luxury home interiors can be translated into a home of any age, style, or size.
Two important areas to focus on enhancing are the ceilings and floors. Here are a few ideas for making the most of them….
1. Add antique beams to ceilings.
Exposed beams were once used as structural necessities in homes of old. However, in today’s design realm, exposed beams are welcomed for their aesthetic appeal.
2. Cover ceilings in tin.
In the second half of the 19th century and the early 20th century, mass-produced tin ceilings were an affordable option to the more expensive, artistic plaster. Although that is certainly not the case in our modern world, tin ceilings still add a fabulous -and unexpected – design “WOW!” to any space. There are endless varieties of patterns to choose from to create the perfect look in almost any residence.
In addition, it is easy to further customize tin ceilings by painting them to complement your decor. Panels are painted before they are affixed to the ceiling, and most of them are sold with etch primer already in place. The pressed patterns in the metal panels create beautiful shadows in all different types of light.
A more economical option to tin ceilings is to wallpaper in a look-alike pattern. These wallpapers are normally able to be painted to the color of your choice, as well.
3. Add brick and/or recovered wood flooring.
Another way to customize a new home is to add “something old”, such as recovered wood or antique brick, as your flooring.
So, if you choose to build or buy a new home, never fear! Remember that adding character through customization is entirely possible!
NOW, GO HAVE AN “It’s So Fabulous!” DAY!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE HELP WITH MAKING YOUR HOME EVEN MORE FABULOUS, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR AN IN-HOME OR ONLINE CONSULTATION AT KIMBERLY@KNOTTINGHILLINTERIORS.COM
- South Carolina interior design
- South Carolina luxury interior design
- Charleston interior design
- Charleston luxury interior design
- Luxury interior design Myrtle Beach
- Interior design Myrtle Beach
- Wilmington interior design
- Wilmington luxury interior design
- Florence, SC interior design
- Florence, SC luxury interior design
- Home remodeling Myrtle Beach
- Home renovation Myrtle Beach
- Luxury green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Green interior design Myrtle Beach
- Family-centered interior design
- Condo furnishings
- Beach condos